These are exciting times! Spring is springing and after this weekend there will be more light in the evenings. Time to start growing some food in our Growing on Food Wast project!
We will be gardening as a weekly group on Tuesday evenings, starting 2nd of April 2019 at 7 pm until 8:15 – 8:30. You don’t need to come to every evening but it would be nice if we formed a bit of a consistent group.
Gardening is great for our health: being outside, having some movement, being in touch with nature and soil… And within the group creating community.
So what will we be doing together?
There will be something to do for everyone: small fiddly jobs requiring focus and patience, big jobs requiring strength and anything in between
- Harvesting compost
- Filling the potato boxes
- Weeding and taking plastic bits out of the compost
- Planting – I have already been sowing some things
- Deciding what we would like to grow
- Keeping the area tidy: taking out any broom and gorse coming up
- And of course: harvesting!
And what to bring?
- Any hand tools you like to use (no problem if you don’t have any)
- Gardening gloves if you like to wear those – useful when working with compost
- A mug for a cup of tea at the end
- Clothes that can get a bit dirty
- Anything you need to be comfortable
Any small print?
Not really. You’ll be responsible for your own health and the evenings are free. The harvest will be shared by those who come to the gardening sessions on a regular basis. I’ll need your email address and phone number so I can let you know when things change.
Want to join?
Please let me know via the contact form below. Hope to see you there!